• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Beware of McDavid Ford in Fort Worth Texas

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by JCDriller, Jan 1, 2021.

1. JCDriller

JCDriller Well-Known Member Established Member

Like many while trying to find my GT500 I messaged a lot of dealers. I found my car last week and my father is on the fence about wanting one so I’m still entertaining the salesman.

Anyway this came from McDavid Ford. They have a buyer for their Gt500 with a 15k ADM, per the text the buyer has done paperwork and they are actively trying to sell it out from under him before he arrives at the dealership!

Stay away from these guys.

New 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 For Sale | Fort Worth TX | 1FA6P8SJ3L5505523

48B7E3AA-AA08-4ACC-9166-68A9A28FE3B6.png E4D7E4A5-09DA-49AD-996F-AF43C43DA687.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  2. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

The paperwork wasn't done.

3. JCDriller

That’s not what he said in his text

4. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member Top Shelf Gentlemen

He's trying to pump the deal to your dad by creating urgency.

xblitzkriegx likes this.
  5. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

If you didn't put a deposit down, it's not yours. ADM is the right of the dealership. No one has a right to buy a car.

6. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

No! Read the chat. The salesman clearly states that the paperwork was done. But in the same breath he says, "first buyer wins". There might, though, be some missing info in the chat discussion as far as what the "paperwork" actually was. Was it binding or non-binding by both parties? Was there a deposit? I do find it hard to believe that there was an agreed upon commitment to buy from another customer (who was scheduled to pick it up in the next week), and then the dealer potentially sells it right from under him to somebody else who had money in hand. Something's missing here IMO. Or, that dealership is just plain shitty.

7. Weather Man

No signatures, he hadn't come to the dealership. End of year, all sorts of sales and managers trying to hit target numbers for bonuses. Money talks and bullshit walks.

me32 likes this.
  8. CobraBob

Maybe, like you said, the KEY is whether or not there was a deposit. I'm more thinking, like you, that there was no deposit made. Therefore no commitment to the other potential buyer. I'm wondering what the "paperwork" reference is.

9. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

That would be my guess.

10. JCDriller

The Oklahoma buyer has done the paperwork and is scheduled to pick up. I’m not saying anything that isn’t in his texts.

Anyway, I’m not mad any dealers for ADM, I just payed one myself. This is just bad business. He didn’t say he has interested parties. He has a buyer who’s already done the paperwork And wants it picked up before the buyer arrives next week.

there are too many good dealers out there asking for less of an ADM to do business with one like this.

11. CobraBob

Yeah, so likely the paperwork was done to the extent that it was ready for a signature (and no deposit made). In that case, most definitely the walk-in buyer gets it if he wants it. The dealership really isn't then doing anything wrong. I had something similar happen to me when I was looking for my Genesis G70. A NJ dealership had the one I wanted, and stated that my local dealer could have it. A day later, I was told that the NJ dealer had sold it to another walk-in customer. Sorry! I wasn't happy, but it was legal. They hadn't received a deposit. My local dealer then found the exact same car (with the same options) and another NJ dealership and it was delivered to my local dealer the next morning. Things can happen real quick and it's easy for a customer to feel shafted when in fact it was normal business.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  12. Weather Man

Depending on state, earnest money means nothing. In MN, the dealership must return earnest money, if requested.

13. JCDriller

Well either way, let this stand for anyone who is looking, they can decide if they want to do business with this dealership.

14. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Established Member

Scummy sales tactic... lol

ajaf1656 and Blackedout like this.
  15. CobraBob

For anyone wondering what "earnest money" is. "An earnest payment is a specific form of security deposit made in some major transactions such as real estate dealings (or other major purchase such as a vehicle), or required by some official procurement processes, to demonstrate that the applicant is serious and willing to demonstrate an earnest of good faith about wanting to complete the transaction."

16. TFStang

TFStang Well-Known Member Established Member

Typical of most dealers unfortunately.

me32 likes this.
  17. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

The Vehicle legally never Sold, not sure what paper work hes talking about. But unless a legal contract has been signed, technically the vehicle can still be sold. Also for all we know the dealership is blowing smoke up your ass by telling you the paperwork is done for another person.

18. CobraBob

Yeh, more than a couple of unanswered questions on this one.

DAVESVT2000 and me32 like this.
  19. JCDriller

I’m sure he is, but don’t justify his actions or make excuses for this kind of behavior. Is this the kind of person you’d want to buy a $125k car from?

20. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

I personally couldn't pay 125k for a vehicle sight unseen. But it seems it's the norm for many 2020 GT500 buyers.

Papaw likes this.