• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Long tubes and emissions

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by sweetlou1182, Feb 24, 2017.

1. sweetlou1182

sweetlou1182 Active Member Established Member

I'm pretty positive I'm going to pull the trigger on the kooks Catted greens but I was wondering how do so many people on here get stickers with long tubes ? I know it's different state by state but I didn't know if that was a trick with tuning or what. In RI you need to make sure all monitors are on. Just curious

2. 69b302

69b302 Active Member Established Member

A proper tune will set all monitors with long tubes. Not sure on the inspection laws for RI, but may not pass visual inspection. I would check with your tuner, on if their tunes will allow all monitors to run.

3. 03 DSG Snake

03 DSG Snake Unknown Cyborg Established Member

Will the green cats hold up? I've seen other Forums where they have melted, which is a trick these GT500s like to do with aftermarket cats.

4. sweetlou1182

Not too worried with the visual inspection. I feel like the green cats would hold up on my car seeing I'm not making a ton of power or drive it hard around the clock. I've had a few tell me they have been running these green cat for awhile with no cels

5. sweetlou1182

What causes cats to melt anyway? Now you got me thinking how much it would suck to drop the cash on the greens and they fry out.

6. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member SVTP OG 4 Life

Have the " green " cats on both cars, my 11 has passed N.J. inspection twice, 2014 / 16.......( the 14 isn't due till 9/18 )
    N.J. doesn't use a sniffer, just plugs into the ODBII port, as long as everything is enabled, good to go.
    Didn't have to do anything to the car, just drive it to the state insp. station.

7. rotor_powerd

rotor_powerd Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Heat, namely from rich fueling conditions (like you see when in boost) that result in excess fuel burning off in the cat.

8. shelby2

shelby2 Member Established Member

I have American Racing long tubes 1 7/8 and American Racing high flow cats, I absolutely have no problems passing inspection. I do however live on in Pa. which may have different emissions standards. By the way love the long tubes;)

9. sweetlou1182

They must check OBDII right? Do you have the o2s shut off via tune?