• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

My 2020 Shelby GT500 tranny damaged by shop!

Discussion in 'Pics and Videos Buffet' started by Goose17, Sep 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Goose17

Goose17 SVT collector nut Established Member

Thanks guys... I appreciate it. It’s all good now and I didn’t even get my blood pressure up. Hopefully I’ll get it out for some road time in the next day or two. I’ve only driven it twice so far.

MassCobra likes this.
  2. NoSlowGT

NoSlowGT Make me a sandwhich bitch Established Member

I can't believe you've only driven it twice! LOL.

3. Goose17

Well... when the car finally arrived, the paint was in rough shape. I spent 4 full days/evenings wet sanding and polishing it. I was also doing all of the PDI and install of loose items (splitter, splitter wickers and oil separator). I had to remove the suspension spacers and had an issue with the driver’s side rear strut. The car then went to the PPF shop for about a week and I also normally work week-on/week-off.

The car is finally 100% road-ready and I am off from work. It’s time to have some fun!

4. SVTdreamin04

SVTdreamin04 What's a "Termi"??? Premium Member Established Member

Spot on man! Yelling and getting mad does no good whatsoever.

Glad you were able to get the pan quickly. Side by sides are very popular in my area and my local Honda dealer has a few newer ones waiting on parts that won’t be available until November and one of them needs a radiator or door that isn’t available until January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose17 likes this.
  5. Kevins89notch

Kevins89notch Well-Known Member Established Member

More props to you, but I could never be that detailed (for a lack of better words) on detailing a car.

Goose17 likes this.
  6. blue 07

blue 07 Well-Known Member Established Member

Yelling gets you nowhere in a situation like that. Life is to short, glad it got fixed.
    Is that something Ford/Tremec should be aware of? What if there was some type of brace or cover to cover up the composite pan so that type of accident doesn't happen to someone else. If you bottomed out and were driving, that composite pan would have been the least of your worries.

7. 04sleeper

04sleeper Runs On "Liquid Gold" Staff Member Super Moderator

Well done Tim. Glad to see it's back up and ready!

Goose17 likes this.
  8. Goose17

I’ve gotten quite a bit of comments on my YouTube channel about how Ford shouldn’t have put a plastic pan on the tranny, which is “easily broken.” The pan is actually quite thick/robust. It would require a serious hit on the road to damage it. In my case it hit metal (the lift) with the weight of the car on it.
    Thank you sir!

9. blue 07

blue 07 Well-Known Member Established Member

No matter how thick it is it did break so that should be a hint that it will happen again to someone. I guess it wont be in any Bullitt style jumps LOL !

10. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Established Member

TLM

Tranny Lives Matter

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

roy_1031 and gimmie11s like this.
  11. speeddemon2000

speeddemon2000 Well-Known Member Established Member

That composite pan makes me very nervous. Not sure why Tremec/Ford decided to go that route. It's seems like anything on the roadway that you might hit could damage that pain pretty easily.

12. Goose17

Having held it in my hands, I disagree with your assessment. It is a thick, robust piece. It would survive an impact from normal road debris. If you are hitting something big enough to damage it, you should be paying attention out front and avoid it with your steering wheel or brakes.

I would go as far as venturing to guess this pan is more robust, and lighter than a standard thin metal pan. Plus, it doesn’t dent/distort, which could disrupt proper fluid flow.