• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Tell me is this pulley has been changed.

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by jwlightning, Jan 25, 2009.

1. jwlightning

jwlightning Member Established Member

**edit** I just realized I can't spell "if" worth a damn in the title!

I took some pics of the blower pulley and the snout bolts. Can any of you tell me if you suspect the pulley to have been changed at some point? I see what appears to be rub marks behind the pulley. Perhaps a really small pulley rubbing at one point? Also, it looks as if the snout bolts have been touched. Why would this be? Perhaps a ported blower? With what I am fairly certain to be a stock car, I'm seeing app. 8-9lbs. of boost. I wouldn't think it's ported. Any commentary is appreciated.

LakeLureCobra022.jpg

LakeLureCobra025.jpg

LakeLureCobra024.jpg

LakeLureCobra023.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. antiv6

antiv6 Active Member Established Member

definitely had a pulley tool used on it before, hard to see how big the pulley is with close up pics

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. Jomo1994z71

Jomo1994z71 Can I get a KB WooWee! Established Member

100%

4. Juruense

Juruense Banned

No doubt it has been. The question is what is the current tune appropriate for? That is a question that need answered pretty much before the car is driven.

5. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

if it was a tune for a smaller pulley, he will just be running pig rich and low timing at WOT.

when i bought my car, the tune was for a 2.76 and it had a 2.93 on it. i was seeing 15* max advance and 10.5-11:1 afr and the car put down 405whp/420wtq. Once tuned for the 2.93 it saw numbers in my sig, with 19* max advance and 11.5:1 afr at redline.

6. twhitey

twhitey Active Member Established Member

yes you can see the markings

7. jwlightning

jwlightning Member Established Member

I would have to believe the tune has been returned to stock. I have not had it on a dyno yet, so I cannot confirm it. I do know that it runs very well, and that I did take it down the 1320 in 12.8 @ 111 (IIRC), which would seem to be a stock time.

Perhaps you guys can tell me a clever way to track down the original two owners? (I'm the third) I know the dealer cannot give out this info. SVT was able to tell me that the car was originally in Bradenton, FL and then in Alabama, but they could not release the owners info. They did tell me the warranty history looked all clear. :D

Thanks for listening to my rambles. I'm trying to learn all I can about these cars as I've been in a Lightning for the last 4 years previous to this.

8. Juruense

Juruense Banned

You need to get a dyno tune period.

9. SVT32VDOHC

SVT32VDOHC New Member Established Member

It has been changed for sure. Did you just buy the car?

I don't think you can get the old info of owners. Car Fax doesn't even give you that.

10. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

It does look like there was a pulley change at some point. My advice to ANYONE who buys a used Terminator is to at least hook up a wide-band and check your A/F BEFORE you take the car to the track, or get aggressive on the street. Never assume the tune is okay unless you know the previous owner or know the history of the motor. In your case I would check you tune ASAP with either a wide-band or a local dyno, and update the tune if necessary. And every time you make a substantial change to your motor mods (ie. pulley swap) check your A/F again. Better safe than sorry.

11. Jomo1994z71

Jomo1994z71 Can I get a KB WooWee! Established Member

great advice in the above post

12. 2003blacksnake

2003blacksnake New Member Established Member

def has been changed