• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

The fate of Svtp

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Riddla, Jul 26, 2020.

How long will svtp be around?

Poll closed Aug 10, 2020.
  1. Days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Years

23 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. Decades

24 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Dems will censor/shut it down

8 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Svtp will become self aware and launch a world wide nuke attack.

16 vote(s)
    22.2%
  7. Svtp will get its name changed/end of an era.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member SVTP OG 4 Life

People make or break a website, this site has good foot traffic, will be around for a long time !!

ShelbyGT5HUN, Papaw and Tezz500 like this.
  2. tistan

tistan Well-Known Member Established Member

Both lightningrodder and nloc are almost dead. I think the problem with SVTP staying relevant will depend on how many SVT vehicles Ford will make and sell. The biggest problem I see is the buy in cost for the Raptor and the gt500. I make good upper middle class money, but I can't justify a $65k buy in. When I bought my 04 lightning I made half what I make now and it was easy to justify the 33k price tag.

3. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

I agree 1000%! It's the exception to rule, forums wise. And it ain't going anywhere anything soon.
    upload_2020-7-27_8-21-24.png

ShelbyGT5HUN and Crimson2v like this.
  4. nickf2005

nickf2005 Well-Known Member Established Member

Crazy to think that SVTP survived longer than the actual SVT brand... Everything is wrapped under Ford Performance now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  5. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

I think SVTP will stay around for a good time due to the Terminator/SVT GT500's still having good pull in the car market. Shame the 350 and new 500 are under FP and not SVT

Unfortunately the 10-14 Raptors traffic never took off here and the new ones fell under Ford Performance. Forums like FRF is the go to for Raptors.

And some members here who may of sold their SVT for a FP car sometimes stick around.

Crimson2v likes this.
  6. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Imo this site is 10x better than any other Mustang or car site I belong to. Has more members and more different Mustang car owners than anywhere. I see this site being here another 1000 years......:D

7. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

We need to bring back the old emojis though. How many times have I wished to use the old popcorn emoji and it wasn’t an option. Ugh!

A lot of people on this site never or no longer own an SVT vehicle, myself included. But we still visit and post everyday.

The NWS pics and vids thread has got to be the most incredible thread on the internet. I would be rudderless without it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

8. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

I know Sid was going to look into getting back some or all of those old (great) emojis.

Yeah, there are a lot of us who no longer own SVT vehicles, me included, but I pretty much jump in here every day.

9. Tezz500

Tezz500 Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Established Member

SVTP has just the right mix of Trolls, Bootlickers, Gestapo and FreeThinkers.

Longevity is in the DNA

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    einehund, HEMIHUNTER, nofire and 6 others like this.
  10. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Established Member

Fixed.

RedVenom48 likes this.
  11. 04MysticCobra

04MysticCobra Well-Known Member Established Member

Yes being retired on SS I do not have the income anymore to even think about buying those high cost vehicles. The next 10 years are going to be very interesting in the auto industry. A lot depends on what party is running the country to see where its headed. The good thing about SVTP is that there are so many diehard owners and enthusiasts of the SVT vehicles here going back to 1993. I have owned 10 SVT vehicles including 3 Lightnings myself. Whether its a Cobra, GT500, Raptor, Lightning or other I see this site being around for a long time. There are other sites out there but none that truly cover the whole range of SVT products like here.

RedVenom48 likes this.
  12. ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN Well-Known Member Established Member

Been here a while, 8 years or so, but been on car forums since the mid 90s. This has been the best site!

I've really come to appreciate the "Restaurant" side of these forums, especially more than ever, during this insane time (CV19). It's really helped me get a better, well rounded picture of what is really going on, and how others are dealing with it.

Best car advice, and tons and tons of really knowledgeable people here!

nofire, 04MysticCobra and bosscj like this.
  13. Dirks9901

Dirks9901 Paint>Vinyl Premium Member Established Member

This.

Been apart of many car forums over the years, this is the only one I hang out on now. Almost 15 years now. Seen a lot of stuff here and members come and go. Good group of peeps with similar interests. I sure as hell hope it doesn't go anywhere for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

04MysticCobra and ShelbyGT5HUN like this.
  14. JetmechF16

JetmechF16 Under Pressure Premium Member Established Member

I've been addicted to this forum no matter what cars I have at the time, it's the most well-rounded and user-friendly site out there. I do miss the wonderful avatars on LR though haha, too NWS for here I'm sure.

bosscj likes this.
  15. SLOWBRA

SLOWBRA Well-Known Member Established Member

There is a lot of history here, great tech, and great support. The members have done a great job keeping this site relevant. I too prefer forums over other mediums.

I also appreciate the effort that goes into the SVT App. I like the interface when I am not in front of my computer.

Dirks9901 likes this.
  16. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

Eh, SVT has been gone for 7 years.

Also, that doesn't compute. $X = your salary. If $X = $33k, then $2X = $66k..... so it's all relevant haha

ON D BIT and nofire like this.
  17. tistan

tistan Well-Known Member Established Member

All other cost of living was way cheaper back then. Just my auto insurance is triple what I paid back then and health is 5x what it was then.

04MysticCobra and 13COBRA like this.
  18. nofire

nofire Sooner#65 Premium Member Established Member

Yeah, unless the site gets sold or something and changes drastically, it'll be around for quite a while more. I've been a member here for close to 15 years now and I was lurking since I bought my first mustang back in Dec of 03. I still have 2 Ford Performance vehicles in the stable, a 17 Raptor and a 20 Explorer ST, but I've moved on to such things as Vipers for sports cars. lol.

I don't even go to the non restaurant parts of this site anymore. I basically stick to Roadside and Pics and Videos mainly with a side of Smackdown and Show'N'Shine.

19. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Try hitting the "new posts" button to get a bit more variety in your diet.

20. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Don’t be an idiot Established Member

Chersch7406 likes this.