• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

The little things that piss you off

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by ViciousJay, Jun 24, 2020.

1. mysticsvt

mysticsvt southernmustangandford Premium Member Established Member

People that go Mystic...when it's a Mystichrome.
    People that go Mystichrome... when it's a Mystic.
    People that go TERMI.
    People that say Saleen...and pronounce it as such.

Crimson2v and *Jay* like this.
  2. TerminatoRS

TerminatoRS Who farted? Premium Member Established Member Party Liquor Posse

When my girlfriend gets pissy if I want to hang out with someone in my family for an afternoon, but it's perfectly okay, acceptable, and even expected that I go on week-long trips with her family.

Mpoitrast87, C-Tidda and apex svt like this.
  3. ajaf1656

ajaf1656 Well-Known Member Established Member

When customer service representatives say "unfortunately" when they refuse to correct an error they or their company made. It has nothing to do with fortune! You f'd up, take ownership of your mistakes and correct them!

C-Tidda, nofire and TerminatoRS like this.
  4. Turkey_Lurker03

Turkey_Lurker03 Active Member Established Member

Anytime someone asks or feels the need to comment about the food I'm attempting to eat. (Hanger)

When no one at home will turn off lights or flush the toilet.

Weed whacking

My 2009 LA175 that can barely haul my fat ass up the hill, stripped steering (cant turn left) and loves getting stuck. It's been trying to kill me for years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5. Sonic605hp

Sonic605hp Resident Prick. Established Member

When some chews with their mother****ing mouth open! I can hear it across a ****ing room and it puts me in Charlie mode.

Crimson2v and tones_RS3 like this.
  6. Kevins89notch

Kevins89notch Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Every employee only has certain powers. They are saying they wish they could help, but they can't. That's when you stay respectful and ask for someone higher up.

What sounds better, "I wish I could, but I'm not able to do that" or "Nope, can't do that."

nofire and Black02GT like this.
  7. TerminatoRS

When it takes my gf all week to get laundry done so I have to go digging through the dryer each night for work clothes for the next day. She works from home and has time to text me all day, watch Netflix in the background, buy crap online, but can't possibly focus some attention on one of her few household responsibilities. That sounds sexist, but in my defense, I was scolded for doing the laundry myself so I'm no longer allowed to demonstrate how simple the task really is if you just put your nose down and go. Different work ethics I suppose.

Modern popular music irritates me on a daily basis. Nothing but talent-lacking pukes whipping crap together for a buck. I'm not an old man by any means, but come on now. Whisper a few lyrics into a microphone and suddenly you're a pop star? Shit...if it's that easy, maybe I should submit some recordings of myself in the shower, sit back and collect my millions.

8. nofire

nofire Sooner#65 Premium Member Established Member

I see you also hate Billie Eilish. lol. And yeah, if you're "not allowed" to do your laundry, she'd better well keep that shit up. I can't stand having dirty clothes around. The instant I get enough for a load I throw it in the wash. The wife genuinely enjoys folding clothes, so I just throw it on the bed when I'm done with my part and she takes over. lol

Also, this thread has taught me a LOT of things I hate and never thought about before now.

TerminatoRS likes this.
  9. ajaf1656

I’m sorry but you are wrong. I’m not getting pissed off that a particular individual isn’t able to correct the error, I get pissed off when they blame it on a turn of bad fortune.

10. TerminatoRS

lol Yeah she blows! I mean, I like all kinds of music from various genres, eras, artists...etc. I consider myself very eclectic and try to keep an open mind. But her and so many of today's "artists" really don't bring much to the table. For the record, my all-time favorite is Tina Turner. I'm 35 so I'm too young to have caught her in her prime. But with her, you got vocals, dancing, presentation...a whole damn performance! Now it seems you're lucky to get one of those things; it's really a shame.

nofire likes this.
  11. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

When you can’t sleep so you go out to the living room to watch TV, so the wife can sleep. You put the volume to a respectable level and out of ****ing nowhere the show you are watching goes to level 9000

apex svt, ajaf1656 and C-Tidda like this.
  12. ajaf1656

There are actually FCC rules that say that commercials can’t be louder than the rest of the broadcast. I tried to file a complaint about it once, but I don’t think anyone cares.

13. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I’m talking the actual show.

14. ajaf1656

Yeah, that’s not right but it’s legal.

15. Riddla

Riddla The Quiet Professional Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

People that say “completely stock” then Proceed to name a mod.

16. mysticsvt

mysticsvt southernmustangandford Premium Member Established Member

This guys selling his handheld tuner, "unmarried, never used".

17. 04DeadShort

04DeadShort SVT Addict Established Member

When boss man at work lets a certain specimen of human trash work at whatever pace he feels but is quick to point out when I slow up a bit .....

18. nickf2005

nickf2005 Well-Known Member Established Member

A version of this got me today. I asked my boss to take me off the project because I had too much on my plate. He hem-hawed around and said, "Let me think about it."

I have about $7-12M worth of projects in my pipeline for the next 2 years, more than the other 3 in my group. One of them could easily pick it up.

What really ticks me off about it is that I've never asked to be taken off a project or have my workload reduced. I always suck it up and deal. I finally got the courage to ask this time because I truly don't think it's healthy for me to keep it. Unfortunately for me, my boss is new... Eff it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Crimson2v likes this.
  19. Mpoitrast87

Mpoitrast87 Well-Known Member Established Member

been there, done that. Get a new girlfriend.

Crimson2v and TerminatoRS like this.
  20. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

DEFINITELY different ethics for sure. That would piss me off as well.