• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Trying to buy a Shelby and it's a pathetic experience.

Discussion in '2020+ Shelby GT500 Mustang' started by kcobra, Dec 18, 2020.

1. kcobra

kcobra MUSTANG MANIAC Established Member

It's pretty frustrating to get one of these 2020's. Being a die hard Mustang Fanatic my whole life.
    1st car allocation. Local dealership tells me the allocation is mine. Sell the BOSS to get some cash for the 2020. 1 week later, dealer owner tells me that I was actually #2 in line, never got the car. Sold mint BOSS for nothing!

2nd car I find for MSRP is non local. I ask salesman to check it over to make sure no defects (even new cars come damaged at times). Honest salesman sends me pictures of back bumper vinyl stripes being scratched pretty bad. Doesn't wax out. I ask them to fix the stripes and I will buy the car. Told the GM doesn't want to replace anything or fix them. (Real good business ethics! Gonna pay $80k for a car with scratches? NOT!

3rd car I find non local. I ask the salesman to take some pictures for me. The advertisement for the car only had stock FORD pictures. Response is why would you want picture when the car is new? UM. Maybe because I want to see what I am buying sight unseen.

Honestly, besides ADM, this other shit is pathetic.

Maybe it's just me. Almost feel like switching over to a HELLCAT. Maybe the dealers are less snobby!

11Sec_Lx, SSCOBRA03, GNBRETT and 2 others like this.
  2. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

buy a used hellcat, see if @13COBRA has any orders available when they release all that stuff soon and get a 21. Sell hellcat for basically break even money when new car arrives

3. HD117

HD117 Member Established Member

I have a 2020 with 13 miles on it I will sell for 2k over MSRP and its perfect!

kcobra and me32 like this.
  4. 13COBRA

13COBRA Resident Ford Dealer Premium Member Established Member

Eh it just depends on who you deal with.

I do find your last sentence to be ignorant though.

What makes a dealer snobby? While they own the vehicle, they are more than welcome to do anything that they want to it.

Dusten likes this.
  5. kcobra

kcobra MUSTANG MANIAC Established Member

The way the last one talked to me. Almost laughed because I asked for pictures. I am sorry but I am not rich. I can't buy an $80k car and not care if it isn't perfect.

Canson, 11Sec_Lx and SSCOBRA03 like this.
  6. 13COBRA

Alrighty then.

Have you ever ordered a vehicle from the factory before?

me32, Smm7PT, Corbic and 1 other person like this.
  7. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

@kcobra, you have every right to ask for photos if that's what you want/need. And every right to expect a dealership to help you with a purchase. If you're not happy with their sales service, move on. I've dealt with a few uncooperative salespersons over the years. If they can't treat me with respect, I simply go to a dealership who will.

Canson, 11Sec_Lx, FNSMOKE and 9 others like this.
  8. 07 Black Beauty

07 Black Beauty Well-Known Member Established Member

What color and options you looking for? I just saw a Rapid Red w/ painted black stripes, tech and handling pack @ msrp in TX

9. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Don’t be an idiot Established Member

In Dec 2020 (and most of 2020 to be honest) most dealers have 0 interest in selling anything to someone looking for a deal.

Is what it is...

Wait until the economy literally crashes to hell and you will be in a good position to pick something up for cheap when these same dealers are trying to give the shit away.

10. 5.0 Hatch

5.0 Hatch Active Member Established Member

I'm not surprised , they probably sell multiple $70-80k f-250s every week so why put in the extra effort. But yes, I'd want mine perfect even if it was a $30k gt.

11Sec_Lx, kcobra, Dusten and 2 others like this.
  11. fearthesnake

fearthesnake Well-Known Member Established Member

Sorry to hear and issues like this make it easy to walk away from Ford and never turn back.

Seems like loyalty is a 1 way street now with Ford.

11Sec_Lx and kcobra like this.
  12. dcgtconv

dcgtconv Member Established Member

I would also need pictures before going to the next step for an out of town purchase. I also have zero time for dealers that have less than desired customer service skills. Just have to move on and find a dealer that wants your business.

13. evasive

evasive Pro 2A Attorney Premium Member Established Member Party Liquor Posse

Find a volume dealer and let someone who earns it get the sale money. Too easy to walk and find another dealer.

me32 likes this.
  14. BOD89LX

BOD89LX Active Member Established Member

Your frustration is real for sure, however this is how it goes when trying to buy a high demand Halo car from any manufacturer. The C8 corvette buyers have the same problems, and Raptors are still selling at MSRP or higher in some markets. Do you have a good relationship with your local Ford dealer? That is usually the best way to get a MSRP or lower price on a GT500. I have been purchasing new Fords from my local small town Ford dealer and have secured a 2021 at MSRP but have to wait, I placed my order back in may. The reason you can get a Redeye easily is they have them sitting on dealer lots all around the country . Dodge has has almost an $8000 rebate and most dealerships will sell them at invoice on top of that. Try to buy a Super Stock Redeye and it will cost you almost $18 K more than the Redeye will.

me32 likes this.
  15. 13COBRA

...since a Ford dealer is "Ford"

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

me32, ccq8le, Fat Boss and 1 other person like this.
  16. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

Welcome to the club OP. It is a lot of work to buy a New Ford. It comes down to the dealer. It took us 6 months to find an f450 during the height of this Covid crap. Apple Ford and Lincoln in Maryland finally came through with the best deal and easiest transaction I've ever had buying a vehicle. Literally 15 minutes to do the whole transaction.

My94GT and kcobra like this.
  17. blue 07

blue 07 Well-Known Member Established Member

I cover most of the Ford dealerships in New England for over 25 years now and sure I've been to who you are talking about. Don't need to bash the individual dealer by name but if you would like some help in this I can help you out. Let me know exactly what your looking for and we can take it from there.

kcobra, lOOKnGO and Tob like this.
  18. 2011 gtcs

2011 gtcs GT500 poster Established Member

Unfortunately almost all car salesman at dealers are clowns, they just hop from dealer to dealer, good luck on your search, especially buying one at MSRP.

kcobra, gimmie11s and tones_RS3 like this.
  19. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Established Member

I LOVE the new GT500, but I WOULD NEVER pay over sticker for one. That's just me.
    If I could get one at MSRP and order it the way I want, without searching/emailing all the Ford dealerships across America, I probably would have had one. I still think about it once in a while.

20. TFStang

TFStang Well-Known Member Established Member

I think you are being more than reasonable. As others have said if the dealer can’t accommodate some basis requests, move on. There are plenty of dealers that will be more than happy to provide you with what you need without the attitude. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted.

kcobra likes this.